The BAiR's Art House is located in the western neighborhood Hrom of Skopje, a quiet residential area near the river Vardar. In the surrounding area there are:
- 2 running/walking trails within a minute from the house.
- 4 groceries stores within 5-7 minutes from the house.
- The Farmers Market is open every day from 7am - 5pm and offers not only organic fresh produce but also a variety of small shops like health food shops, bakeries, cheese shop, house tools/paint supply shops, etc., and is only 7-10 minutes walking from the house.
- Ice cream shops, bars, cafes, pizzeria, traditional style restaurant, pharmacies, bakeries, burger shops, exchange office, ATM's and more are located within a 10 minute walk from the Art House.
The Center (downtown) of Skopje is 15-20 minutes of a bus ride or 10-15 minutes by taxi.
The Art House consists of 3 separate levels with privacy fence, outdoor community areas
and a small herb garden.
The LIVING area of the house includes:
- 6 private bedrooms (residents are provided with a bed, linens, pillows, blankets and towels.)
- 2 and half bath with washing machines for resident use.
- 2 fully equipped kitchens stocked with basic staples, seasonal vegetables, fruit and fresh herbs from our gardens.
- 2 community rooms
- 4 balconies
The STUDIO area of the house includes:
- 4 private studios (three are 140 square feet (13 square meters) and one is 220 square feet (20 square meters) with 7 foot (2.2meters) high walls.)
- 1 shared studio (420 square feet or 40 square meters with 10-foot or 3 meters high walls)
- The studios are outfitted with worktables, chairs, easels, drawing board, storage areas and clamp lights.
- Hand tools (Power hand tools are available upon request.)
- Work clothes and studio rugs
- Re-usable material (variety of paper, used bicycle tubes, glass, wire, cardboard, various old metal objects, thread, yarn, plastic containers etc.)
- A bathroom
- Small kitchen with outdoor common area for coffee/tea.
- An outside area around the house to be used as an open-air studio or as an installation space.
All studios are entirely private, lockable and artists have 24-hour access to their studios and accommodations. WIFI is available throughout and around the building.